About the Daniel Island News
The Daniel Island News is a modified weekly newspaper with a magazine feel that also includes feature photography. We go to great lengths to cover all aspects of island life on Daniel Island, from local interest stories, local sports, student events and business items to more complicated matters affecting our local government.
The Daniel Island News is published on newsprint but has a magazine feel. The print size per page is 10 inches wide by 11.25 inches high. The page format is typically one of four columns. This format has proved to be more dynamic in appearance than other formats, creating higher reader interest and more powerful results for our advertisers.
Our publication is printed on newspaper, has a full-color cover and back cover and includes color pages inside. We generally print between 32 and 40 pages per week.
There is no other community in the Charleston area that has a paper of this quality. In fact, few towns and cities of any size will be able to match it. The paper is a local product, designed, written and distributed by a local company and enjoys the support of the local community. The paper, its writers, editors, designers, and salespeople have won multiple industry awards for writing, design, and sales promotions.
The editorial content is designed to create the highest and most favorable reader response, thus creating a positive response to the advertisements of our customers. The Daniel Island News has lots of neat, appealing features:
- A weekly theme. Past issues have featured scuba diving, professional women?s tennis, gardening, South Carolina revolutionary war history, alligator control, golf and many, many more. The first issue of every month focuses on various Lowcountry sports topics and is aptly named First Thursday Sports Edition.
- Features and profiles of leading personalities, creative talents, and people who get things done in every walk of life.
- Success stories from the business community. How an entrepreneur gets an idea, makes a plan and builds a business, at the same time as he is helping to build his community.
- Island News
- Articles on local history, richly illustrated with drawings and old photographs.
- Editorials and commentary.
- Home and garden.
- Fun and recreation.
- Sports. We cover The Charleston Battery, Family Circle Tennis, Bishop England and Hanahan sports and a variety of local athletes.
- Fashion and etiquette
- Things to do and places to go.
- Drawings, maps and dozens of great photographs.
- Kid's Say and Roving Reporter
The Daniel Island News is circulated to every household on the island, to Bishop England students and faculty, all businesses on the Island (including Blackbaud, Cigna, Family Circle, Hampton Inn and more), to select business and developments on Clements Ferry Rd. and Long Point Road and to drop spots on Daniel Island, Mount Pleasant, downtown Charleston and Hanahan.
The print run is 8,000 and our weekly readership is estimated well above 20,000.
It is mailed to political and governmental leaders statewide.
THE DANIEL ISLAND PUBLISHING CORPORATION, LLC publishes The Daniel Island News and is a company that publishes a newspaper of the highest possible quality, containing the most effective advertising and offering the greatest possible circulation for our readers and clients. To do this our staff brings into play our creative energies and imaginations and we seek input from our readers and clients. We work as a team, and the input of each of us, our readers and our advertisers is very important.