1. This question is purely hypothetical, but we need to get it out of the way. If you had a soulmate from a South American country, what country would it be?
2. Did you even consider Suriname in your answer to question 1?
3. Please explain the derivation of the word Gubernatorial when there is no letter "b" in the word Governor.
4. Can you assure us that it has no relation to the character, Goober, played by George Lindsey on The Andy Griffith Show?
5. Given all the publicity that followed the recent catch of a 1,025 pound alligator in Lake Moultrie, will you support a campaign to promote this with tourists to help showcase there is more here to see and do than just South of the Border?
6. While we, regrettably, rank in the bottom half of states in education, we do rank in the top quartile in another statistic: obesity. Shouldn’t we go all out to be No. 1 in something and, if so, do we have the intestinal fortitude to get ‘er done in obesity?
7. Don’t waffle on this one; we want a definitive reply. Who is more to blame for the current mess: Katy Perry or Elmo?
8. Should politicians wear patches on their clothes to identify major donors similar to what NASCAR drivers do?
9. Given the ignominious and dastardly acts foisted upon our fair state by the likes of Ulysses Grant, William Tecumseh Sherman, and Woody Hayes, will you declare war on their native state of Ohio?
10. Can we do something nice for Jim Merrill like moving the state capitol from Columbia to Daniel Island? Plus, you’ll find the people here are super friendly and the restaurants are way better.
Editor’s Note: If you have questions that you would like to have The Daniel Island News put to the candidates, please submit them to us through our survey at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HY28RTF or email the questions to email@example.com.