From The Daniel Island News
Swim team registration under way for 2008 season
Apr 25, 2008 - 12:11:06 PM
Daniel Island Swim Team online registration is now open for new and returning swimmers. The Daniel Island Swim Team is open to all DI residents, age 5-18 (as of June 1, 2008) with the following requirements:
The 2007 Daniel Island Flying Fish, had an exceptional season. Registration for swimmers ages 5-18 is currently underway for 2008.
1. Swimmer must be a resident of Daniel Island. Exceptions:
1. For this year, 2008, students of Bishop England HS and Hanahan HS are eligible to swim in the older age groups.
2. Lifeguard staff is eligible to swim for team.
3. Immediate family of coaching staff is eligible to swim for team.
2. Swimmer must be able to swim one length of the pool independently.
3. Complete online registration form. Registration fee of $80 per swimmer, $40 for 15-18-year-olds. Non-DICA members pay $75 extra per child. Late fee $50 extra (after May 16). No swimmer can attend practice wihtout registration form complete and fee paid.
4. Each family signs up to volunteer at least two swim meets.
5. Each swimmer brings two 12-packs of a name-brand soft drink/sports drink/water for the concession stand (no generics please) by June 5.